New Hire Information & Procedures
Congratulations on your position at Daemen College! We are happy to have you be a part of the team. Please reference the following for more information about the New Hire process, and what needs to be done before your first day.
New Hire Checklist:
- Apply for the posted position via ApplicantPro
- Complete Background check through Metrodata (initiated by Employee Engagement)
- Sign Offer letter or Contract issued from Dean's office
- Register for assigned Daemen email address (initiated by your hiring supervisor through the IT New User Request form)
- Complete New Hire paperwork online through ADP WorkforceNow (initiated by Employee Engagement)
- If full time status, complete benefits paperwork with Bianca Gowanny, Employee Benefits & Payroll Coordinator
- Register for your Campus Parking pass via your MyDaemen
- Take a Virtual Tour of Daemen College and get to know the friendly faces within each department!
- Daemen College Campus Map - PDF
- This video provides a brief overview of all of the benefits Daemen College has to offer including Health Insurance, Tuition Waiver and Retirement plan options
- Link to Benefits Information
- Stay up to date with Daemen's preparedness surrounding the COVID pandemic
Parking Pass Information
- All vehicles are required to be registered by the start of the academic year. The annual fee for a parking permit is $35. The fee can be paid via credit card. Please note that regular full-time and part-time employees who earn under $25,000 will not be charged an annual fee but again, all vehicles still need to be registered. The fee for all adjunct faculty is $15.
- In order to register, please go online at: www.daemen.edu/parking. You will need to login using your username and password first. You can register multiple vehicles at no extra charge, but will only be issued one tag to switch between multiple vehicles. To use the same information as last year you can use the green plus button in each location.
Job Postings/Hiring Documents
If you are hiring for a new or replacement position in your department, please complete the Job Requisition Form. Return to the completed form along with appropriate signatures to the Employee Engagement Office, DS 126 or electronically to the Director of Employee Engagement. A digital copy of the Job Description must be emailed to the Employee Engagement Office as well: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Please note, the college is currently registered as an employer in NY, NJ, OH, UT and CA. If you believe you wish to hire an individual who will work remotely from a state other than the five states listed above, you will need to coordinate in advance with the Employee Engagement and Accounting Department to ensure proper state registration and legal compliance is complete prior to date of hire. Depending on the state, this could take 2 to 3 months.
- Search and Interview Guidelines
- Hiring Process Work Flow -Regular Full Time (PDF)
- Hiring Process Work Flow - Adjunct (PDF)
- Adjunct Hiring Procedures for 20-21
- Hiring Process Work Flow - Workload and Contract Work (PDF)
Committee Search Policy:
Interviews are coordinated by the Employee Engagement Department.
Please email Samantha Maiarana, Employment Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
- Full name of candidate(s)
- Type of Interview requested to be scheduled: Phone, Zoom, On-Campus
- Dates and times committee is available for selected type of interview to schedule
In addition to scheduling candidate interviews, our office can also assist with initial phone calls/emails to candidates to discuss the position, benefits, and salary.
Candidate Travel Guidelines:
If you are highly interested in a candidate that will need travel arrangements (flight, hotel stay, etc.) email email@example.com at least 2 weeks before you plan to have them on campus so we can schedule everything properly with our travel agency. It is up to one of the committee members to coordinate the pickup and drop off for the incoming candidate from the airport to the hotel.
Meal Policy for Interviews:
This policy is intended to provide general guidelines to Search Committee chairs regarding scheduling meals with candidates. The policy will ensure that all applicants receive a similar interview experience at Daemen College and allocates college resources in a prudent and responsible manner. The Office of Employee Engagement will only cover the expenses for 1 MEAL during the candidate's stay - whether that is breakfast, lunch, or dinner will be up to the committee to decide and confirm with Employee Engagement PRIOR to the interview. Other expenses will have to come out of the appropriate department/office budget.
Meals arranged by a Search Committee should be limited to a maximum of three members from the committee and the candidate (for a total of 4). Meals should be arranged through the Daemen Dining Service (Hallmark Management) and held in the Wick Center Executive Dining Room or other suitable location on-campus whenever possible.
The committee may arrange for one meal at a local restaurant for up to three members of the committee and the candidate if Daemen Dining Services is not an option for that interview date. An original itemized receipt must be submitted to the Business Office for reimbursement with an appropriate Purchase Requisition listing the details of the interview date/time/candidate name, who was in attendance for the meal from committee, etc. The receipt should indicate those present at the meal and the meal gratuity should not exceed 20% of the bill.
Meal expenses may not exceed the following cost per person to be covered by the Employee Engagement Office:
cost per person max
cost per person max
$6 - $7
$9 - $10
$12 - $14
The College will not pay for alcohol served at any meals. Any request for payment over these limits must be approved by the appropriate Cabinet officer before the scheduled event.
Procedure to Arrange for On-Campus Meal Service
- The Search Committee chair or representative should contact the President’s Office at ext. 8210 to reserve the Executive Dining Room as soon as the interview is scheduled.
- After the room is reserved, contact Daemen Dining Services at ext. 8328. The catering staff has a variety of menu options available that will not exceed the meal maximums above. 7 days advanced notice is requested.
- Send a Daemen Purchase Requisition to the Business Office (DS Room 106) and include the following information: the event date, location, meal option selected, budget account to be charged and contact information for the event planner.
- Missing Receipt Form