The B.S./M.S. degree is for students wishing to pursue a career in public accounting. The degree is registered with the NYS Board of Accountancy and it meets the new 150-hour requirement to sit for the CPA exam. The program can be completed within 4.5 years- and allows students to graduate in December and enter the job market in time for tax season.
- Accounting B.S.
- Accounting / Professional Accountancy B.S./M.S.
Accounting Program Highlights
- Students begin accounting courses in their first year and begin learning the latest technology including Excel, Quick Books, Tax Act and TaxWise software, and XBRL.
- Accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), making it one of only five colleges in the country to hold this newly specialized accreditation
- Students may elect to complete a three-course sequence in forensic accounting during their undergraduate study.
- Available minors in over 50 areas including Sustainability, Entrepreneurship and many more.
- Required accounting internships include a major research project. Most internships are paid and many often lead to full-time positions upon graduation.
- Study abroad experiences in places such as Ireland, Mexico, Brazil, Italy and Spain.
- The graduate portion of the 150-hour program is based on global business.
- View Information Sheet
Students will be qualified for employment in a variety of accounting-related careers. For more information on Accounting careers and salaries, please visit the American Institute of CPAs. Some career examples include:
- Financial Analyst
- Company Controller
- Tax Accountant
- Auditor and many more
Recent Graduates’ Jobs
- Tax accountant, Lumsden and McCormick, Sodexho
- Auditor, Fox & Co.
- Financial Analyst, M&T Bank
- Internal Auditor, First Niagara Bank
- Staff Accountants: Price Waterhouse Coopers, LLP, D’ARATA and Company, Gaines, Metzler, Kriner and Co., LLP, Semanchin & Wetter LLP, Fiddler & Co
Daemen College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA.
Matthew is a transfer student from Marilla, N.Y. and is currently in the master’s accounting program. He chose Daemen after he was honorably discharged from the Marine Corps and knew would be a great fit to study accounting. Matthew is involved with VITA: the Voluntary Income Tax Assistant Program. VITA assists taxpayers with completing and filing their taxes. The experience honed his skills working with diverse populations and built his confidence as an accountant. As a graduate student, Matthew had the honor of managing the VITA program.
In order to gain experience, Matthew worked with his Career Services advisor to find an internship based on his interest in working with the military. In the summer of 2017, Matthew completed an internship with the Defense Contract Audit Agency in Buffalo and was offered a full-time position as an auditor. In the spring of 2017, Matthew was inducted into the SIGMA Beta Delta Honors Society. He also received the New York State CPA Junior Award and was nominated to receive the New York State CPA graduate award. After he graduates in December, Matthew plans on preparing for the CPA exam while continuing his position at the Defense Contract Audit Agency.