Business Degree Ranked in Top 50
Daemen College is the only institution in New York State to be selected as one of the top “50 Best Value Small Colleges” in the U.S. for business administration degrees by Best Value Schools.
The Business Administration degree provides exposure to the total business organization through functional and technical skills-based coursework. Particular emphasis is placed on diversity, ethics, and international issues. This broad-based exposure is fine-tuned by coursework within an area of specialization chosen by the student. Specialization-related internship experiences supplement classroom knowledge, build professional interpersonal skills, develop liaisons with the business community, and provide concrete, resume building work experience.
Because of Daemen's unique core curriculum, Business Administration students are able to minor in one or more areas such as Sustainability, Entrepreneurship, and Pre-Law with little or no additional coursework. It is not uncommon for a student to graduate with a BS in Business Administration, having a specialization in one of the fours areas offered, and with one or more minors. This flexibility allows students to prepare for the ever-changing and diverse field of business.
- In addition to teaching you all the facets of business—economics, management, organizational behavior, accounting, marketing, law, and international business—Daemen’s business program prepares you for the most important issues facing business leaders today including, diversity ethics, and global management.
- A major emphasis is placed on developing students’ interpersonal and written communication skills. This allows students to enter any number of different entry level business or management related positions in a wide variety of industries.
- Students will work collaboratively with others in a variety of settings, preparing them to contribute positively to their local and international business communities.
- Graduates are qualified to continue their studies in an MBA program, business-related master’s degree, or law school.
- Students may participate in the LEAP (Leadership, Ethics, and Professionalism) Academy to develop and enhance their leadership ability, ethical discernment, and professional attitudes and behavior.
Suggested Course Sequence for the Business Administration, B.S. Program
Specialization & Degree Options
Corporations, nonprofits, and governments recognize that sustainable practices save money, enhance image, and lead to healthier, economically viable communities. Your project-based experiences locally and globally will give you insight for new approaches and understanding cultural differences while honing your skills at listening, speaking, and taking action.
This program can typically be completed in four years with semesters of 15-18 credits (129 credits total), depending on your previous language experience. The Sustainability major requires an international experience which can be completed during the summer or as part of a semester exchange. Our Global Studies Office can work with you to find a program that best fits your interests and timing.
Business Administration, B.S./International Business, M.S.
To be successful, today’s business professional must approach the marketplace with a global state of mind. Designed to instill a professional mastery of current and emerging international business issues, program participants will obtain the necessary skills to compete in today’s global marketplace. The BS in Business Administration/MS in International Business allows students the opportunity to earn a bachelor’s and master’s degree within five years.
Students will be qualified for employment in a wide variety of business careers. Some examples include:
- Corporate Sales Representative
- Market Research Analyst
- Program Manager
- Stadium Manager
- Human Resources Director
- Recruiting Manager
- Benefits Manager
- Corporate Trainer
- Business Consultant
- Financial Analyst
- Retail Manager
- Bank Manager
- Sales Manager
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Manager
- Financial Consultant
In addition, a degree in Business Administration prepares students for law school and eventual careers in this field. Many of our students interested in this career path are successfully admitted to law school.
Daemen College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), located 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- B.S. Business Administration
- B.S. Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- B.S. Business Administration - International Management
- B.S. Business Administration - Marketing
- B.S. Business Administration - Sport Management
This organization focuses on integrating department activities with local businesses, including guest speakers, seminars with business leaders, and community projects.
Daemen’s Society for Human Resource Management student chapter provides excellent professional training and exposure while connecting students to a global network of Human Resource professionals.
Free enterprise, capitalism, entrepreneurial spirit, and professional acumen. These are the treasures sought by the Business Club.
Students gain hands-on experience on and off campus with close guidance from well-connected professionals and professors in the sport management field.
Welcome from the Chairperson!
What a great time to be a student in Daemen College’s Business Program! Students in our program have tremendous opportunities to work in any type of organization and in any industry, and in a variety of disciplines. READ MORE
Q&A With a Business Professor
"Business is based on relationships with others. The best business people are often those who have an outgoing personality and are, by nature, goal-oriented. I have witnessed a number...” READ MORE
Specialization Information Sheets
|General Business||Human Resource Management||International Business||Marketing||Sport Management|
For more information, contact Michele Flint, at (716) 839-8432 or firstname.lastname@example.org