- Your education classes integrate field experience beginning in your first year – giving you more confidence with students and preparation for your career.
- Classes provide strong preparation for state Teacher Certification Exams.
- Undergraduate program schedule will include a sequence in English, history, math and science.
- Students complete six hours in one of the following languages: French, Spanish, Italian, or sign language.
- Field experiences are available through Daemen’s partnerships with local public, private, and charter schools as well as educational agencies and community centers.
- Daemen’s Center for Interprofessional Learning and Simulation (CILS) provides students experiential learning opportunities to promote best practice and collaboration.
Master's in Special Education
Stay for a fifth year and earn a master’s degree in special education in just three semesters! As a graduate student in our master’s in special education program, you will learn how to create lesson plans aligned to New York state’s Next Generation and Common Core learning standards, as well as understand the laws that protect students.
Daemen graduates are teaching in many school districts and public school systems, including Buffalo, Williamsville, Clarence, Cheektowaga, New York City, Baltimore, and Myrtle Beach, among others.
A number of our graduates have also advanced to working in educational administration.