Between 2014 and 2024, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects nearly 1.9 million job openings for teachers of preschool through postsecondary school.
Gain field experience in local classrooms beginning your freshman year as opposed to your junior year like many other competing programs.
- Core and advanced specialty courses provide students with a foundation of knowledge in the biological and health sciences.
- Education classes provide instruction in the craft of teaching and provide strong preparation for state Teacher Certification Exams.
- Field study opportunities are available in Florida, Costa Rica and other areas while researching local habitats.
- All students have the opportunity to design, conduct and present original research in collaboration with faculty at academic festivals and international professional conferences.
- Daemen’s Center for Interprofessional Learning and Simulation (CILS) provides students experiential learning opportunities to promote best practice and collaboration.
Master's in Special Education
Stay for a fifth year and earn a master’s degree in special education in just three semesters! As a graduate student in our master’s in special education program, you will learn how to create lesson plans aligned to New York state’s Next Generation and Common Core learning standards, as well as understand the laws that protect students.
Daemen graduates are teaching in many school districts and public school systems, including Buffalo, Williamsville, Clarence, Cheektowaga, New York City, Baltimore, and Myrtle Beach, among others.
A number of our graduates have also advanced to working in educational administration.