Build your personal and organizational leadership capacity with an Advanced Certificate in Executive Leadership & Change.
- Post baccalaureate certificate program.
- Enhance your credentials and learn interdisciplinary leadership skills that can be applied to any industry.
- Choose your specialization: Business, Higher Education, Nonprofit, or Health Professions.
- Classes are 8 weeks in duration and meet in the evening.
- Complete 18 credit hours in as few as 16 months.
- Seamless transition from ELC Certificate into ELC Master’s program if desired.
- Start January 2016.
This Advanced Certificate program is a credit-bearing, cohort based graduate level certificate designed to prepare adult learners for leadership positions in business, the health professions, nonprofit, or higher education settings. Students are provided with opportunities for immediate application of leadership theories, skills, and research to increase their professional leadership capacities.
The course of study follows a three part focus on personal, team, organizational and/or system leadership and the ability to initiate and sustain innovative change initiatives. Students will gain a heightened sense of awareness of themselves as leaders, their relational influence role in teams, and the leverage points for positive organizational and system change.
The Required and Elective courses for the Advanced Certificate are detailed below.
- LEAF 500: Organizational Leadership and Self Development
- LEAF 501: Critical Thinking, Creative Problem Solving, and Decision Making: Methods of Organization Research
- LEAF 513: Developing Leadership Skills: One-on-One Leadership, Conflict Management, and Team Building
- LEAF 515: The Business of Leadership: Financial, Organizational and Cultural
- Higher Education - LEAF 525: Leadership in Higher Education
- Business - LEAF 526: Leadership in Business
- Nonprofit - LEAF 527: Leadership in Non-Profit Organizations and Community-Based Change
- Health Care - LEAF 528: Leadership in Health Care Organizations
- LEAF 502: Leadership and Organizational Ethics, Values and Social Environment
- LEAF 529: Transformational Leadership and Organizational Change
- LEAF 530: Modeling, Branding and Marketing Your Leadership
For more information, please contact the Executive Leadership & Change Department at (716) 839-8572.