The Biochemistry degree at Daemen College emphasizes an integration of chemistry and biology, opening the door for a concentration in a pre-medical specialization, forensic science, or cellular and molecular biology.
- Small class sizes (10:1 student/teacher ratio) provide personal attention to each student from faculty members dedicated to teaching excellence
- State-of-the-art teaching laboratories
- A research project with a faculty member is required
- Many graduates apply for admittance to medical, dental, veterinary, osteopathic or other graduate programs
- Field study in Florida, Costa Rica and other areas while researching local habitats
- Internships at area hospitals, doctors’ and dentists’ offices, veterinary clinics, animal shelters, and environmental firms
- Opportunities to participate in innovative research projects on campus with faculty
- Strong track record of our graduates admitted into medical, dental and veterinary schools and other graduate programs across the country
- Articulation agreement with NOVA Southeastern University offers opportunities for Daemen Pre-med students
Career and Graduate School
Graduates can seek employment in various areas. Some options include: wildlife biologist, research scientist, environmental lawyer, patent attorney, pharmacist, science writer, forensic scientist, teacher, food chemist, veterinarian, dentist, physician, and more.
Recent Graduates’ Jobs
- Chemist, Severn Trent Laboratories
- Environmental Policy Enforcement, US Army Corps of Engineers
- Fisheries Biologist, Alaskan Observers Inc.
- Researcher, IBM Life Sciences Division
- Research Technologist, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Research Interns, National Institute of Health
Many program graduates apply for admittance to medical, dental, veterinary, osteopathic or other graduate programs
- Boston College Graduate Program in Forensic Studies
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Portland State University Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Buffalo Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Michigan Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Rochester Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Rochester Graduate Program in Epidemiology
- Wegman’s School of Pharmacy
Specialization Information Sheets
|Pre-Med||Pre-Pharmacy||Pre-Professional Studies||Pre-Vet||General Natural Science|
For more information, contact Douglas Kalinowski, Chair of the Natural Sciences Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 716-839-8546.