The Biochemistry degree at Daemen College emphasizes an integration of chemistry and biology, opening the door for a concentration in a pre-medical specialization, forensic science, or cellular and molecular biology.
- Small class sizes (10:1 student/teacher ratio) provide personal attention to each student from faculty members dedicated to teaching excellence
- State-of-the-art teaching laboratories
- A research project with a faculty member is required
- Many graduates apply for admittance to medical, dental, veterinary, osteopathic or other graduate programs
- Field study in Florida, Costa Rica and other areas while researching local habitats
- Internships at area hospitals, doctors’ and dentists’ offices, veterinary clinics, animal shelters, and environmental firms
- Opportunities to participate in innovative research projects on campus with faculty
- Strong track record of our graduates admitted into medical, dental and veterinary schools and other graduate programs across the country
- Articulation agreement with NOVA Southeastern University offers opportunities for Daemen Pre-med students
Career and Graduate School
Graduates can seek employment in various areas. Some options include: wildlife biologist, research scientist, environmental lawyer, patent attorney, pharmacist, science writer, forensic scientist, teacher, food chemist, veterinarian, dentist, physician, and more.
Recent Graduates’ Jobs
- Chemist, Severn Trent Laboratories
- Environmental Policy Enforcement, US Army Corps of Engineers
- Fisheries Biologist, Alaskan Observers Inc.
- Researcher, IBM Life Sciences Division
- Research Technologist, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Research Interns, National Institute of Health
Many program graduates apply for admittance to medical, dental, veterinary, osteopathic or other graduate programs
- Boston College Graduate Program in Forensic Studies
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Portland State University Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Buffalo Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Michigan Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Rochester Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Rochester Graduate Program in Epidemiology
- Wegman’s School of Pharmacy
Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society
Full and Associate Memberships to the Theta Upsilon Chapter of this National Honor Society is available to students who meet grade point requirements and successful completion of biology courses.
Specialization Information Sheets
|Pre-Med||Pre-Pharmacy||Pre-Professional Studies||Pre-Vet||General Natural Science|
For more information, contact Douglas Kalinowski, Chair of the Natural Sciences Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 716-839-8546.