The 1+2+1 curriculum provides an opportunity unlike any other in Western New York through Daemen's unique partner collaboration and has been implemented in response to New York’s increasing nursing shortage.
The 1+2+1 curriculum allows students to earn both an associate’s and bachelor’s degree in nursing in just 4 years. Students have the advantage of being able to work as an RN after their 3rd year.
Combining the strengths of the Associate Degree programs, the curriculum promotes critical thinking, leadership skills, evidence-based practice, professional development at the baccalaureate level, and global and local community health through culture based presentations, community assessments, and community health teaching projects.
- Flexible scheduling and online or hybrid courses support the needs of the working RN during the 4th year, taking courses to complete the BS.
- 1+2+1 students returning to Daemen for the 4th year of study receive a 50% tuition reduction.
- Continue your education in one of our graduate nursing programs at a reduced rate. 1+2+1 students may take up to 6 credits of graduate courses at the already reduced undergraduate rate while completing their BS.
- Save on costs for year 2-3 by paying community college tuition.
- Students can still live on Daemen’s campus while studying at the community college.
- Have a “guaranteed seat”.
- Earn an Associate’s degree and can sit for their RN license after year 3.
- Can work as an RN after year 3 (a year before those at traditional 4 year programs).
- Are prepared to enter Daemen’s Nurse Practitioner Master’s program.
About Our Program
Daemen’s 1+2+1 curriculum prepares nurses to enter the competitive job market with the most desirable academic and clinical preparation, a BS degree. Research demonstrates that the BS-prepared nurse has improved outcomes in patient care. Our graduates work with patients and populations across the lifespan in a variety of settings.
Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society
The mission of the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International is to support the learning, knowledge, and professional development of nurses committed to making a difference in health worldwide. READ MORE