Job growth of religious studies careers is expected to grow substantially, with an 11.8 percent increase expected from 2016-2026.
Explore human existence, meaning, and the nature of reality in Daemen's religious studies program.
- Students acquire an increased capacity for logical analysis, an appreciation of values, deepened self knowledge, and an understanding and enjoyment of diverse ideas, perspectives, and systems.
- Daemen students explore Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, and other religious traditions.
- Program offers courses in medical ethics that are valuable for students majoring in Daemen’s health science programs.
- Placements and hands-on experiences are available at community agencies and many other settings.
- Students volunteer in community-based service learning projects.
- Cooperative education and international studies opportunities are available.
- Students work one-on-one with a faculty member to help design their major and conduct research based on their particular interests.
- Students may attend a weekly Mass or Protestant worship service led by one of Daemen’s campus ministers.
- Program offers minors in philosophy, which help advance students’ critical and creative thinking skills.
Medical Ethics Courses
Daemen students majoring in areas such as physician assistant studies, nursing, or pre-med can use our courses to their advantage by learning more about medical ethics. This can lead to enhanced patient care and add to their overall knowledge and experience for the workforce.
Our degree in religious studies provides graduates with strong critical thinking and writing skills, making them valuable to companies in a variety of industries.
- Nonprofit director
- Interfaith advisor
- Substance abuse counselor
- Seminary administrator
- Government or library researcher
- Charity officer
- Outreach or aid worker