- Daemen's program is one of only 210 (and growing rapidly) in the country to be accredited and one of a few that accepts freshman. If you enroll you won't have to reapply - your seat is reserved as long as you meet the academic requirements.
- The rigor of our program is evident in our 98% first attempt pass rate on the NCCPA Certification Exam (the national average is 93%).
- You can pursue a variety of clinical experiences including partnerships with hundreds of sites in New York State.
- Clerkships are set up for students by Daemen’s own clinical coordinator.
- Innovative, skilled and proficient faculty, many of whom are board certified and fellowship trained. Four members of the faculty are recipients of the New York State Society of Physician Assistants PA Educator of the Year award since 2005.
As a student on the dual degree track, your seat in the Physician Assistant Program is reserved pending completion of all prerequisite coursework, core curriculum requirements, direct patient contact experiences, and meeting the Program's published academic standards. Four academic semesters, at a minimum, are required to complete the prerequisite coursework and core curriculum requirements. A combined BS/MS degree may be earned in five years.
The College does not accept transfer applications. Applicants for admission to the BS/MS degree track should apply directly to the Daemen College Office of Admissions.
All successful applicants must demonstrate evidence of strong mathematics and science preparation, knowledge of the profession, and superior interpersonal communication skills. A faculty interview is required. The admissions process is very competitive. Please refer to the FAQS for more specifics on prerequisites and minimum requirements.
Daemen College reserves the right to make changes to the Physician Assistant curriculum, and/or entrance criteria to the three year program, and/or program and graduation requirements. All enrolled students must meet all requirements if changed or amended by Daemen College.
Deliver medical services in doctor’s offices, hospitals, urgent care centers, emergency departments, surgical centers, correctional facilities, and more in a variety of specialties including surgery, family practice, psychiatry, orthopedics, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, emergency medicine and others.
The average annual salary for Physician Assistants is growing nationally. The average salary is $94,870. The profession is growing in terms of practitioners, with an estimated 60% increase expected over the next decade. Of the approximate 100,000 PAs in the nation, 1 in 10 is licensed in New York.
|E.J. Noble Hospital||Dent Neurological Institute|
|Rochester General Hospital||Saint Joseph's Hospital Health Center|
|Strong Health||Unity Hospital|
|WCA Hospital||Northtown Orthopedics|
|Excelsior Orthopedics||Erie County Medical Center|
|Veterans Administration||Buffalo Medical Group|
|Buffalo General Hospital||The Exigence Group|
|Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center||Eastern Niagara Hospital|
|Women and Children’s Hospital of Buffalo||Catholic Health System|
|A wide-variety of other hospitals and private practices|
Students Provide Health Screenings
Under the supervision of Associate Professor Joel Patterson, a group of 25 Daemen PA students offered diabetes, blood pressure and other preventive screenings in the city’s Seneca Babcock neighborhood at a community health fair. READ MORE
Physician Assistant & Spanish
I hope to work in a field of medicine where I can make the most out of my Spanish language skills, whether this is in the emergency department, primary care, an intensive care unit, or in a pediatric office. READ MORE
For more information, contact Vincenette San Lorenzo, Administrative Coordinator for the Director of Physician Assistant Graduate Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 716-839-8383.