- Pertain only to the Baccalaureate degrees (BA; BFA; BS), or to the baccalaureate portion of dual degree programs (BS/MS)
- Are based on the GPA (grade point average) at the time of completion-in-full of all degree requirements
Honors published in the Commencement program and announced at the Commencement ceremony are preliminary and based upon the cumulative GPA(s) earned up to and including the Intersemester term just prior to the Commencement ceremony. Therefore, that which is published and announced may be different from that which is actually earned and reflected on the student's diploma and academic record.
The Baccalaureate degree with distinction is awarded to:
- Students who have completed a minimum of 60 credits of actual Daemen course work,* and whose cumulative Daemen GPA (grade point average) at the time of completion in-full of all degree requirements is:
- 3.30 - 3.49: Cum Laude distinction is accorded
- 3.50 - 3.69: Magna Cum Laude distinction is accorded
- 3.70 - 4.00: Summa Cum Laude distinction is accorded
- Students with fewer than 60 hours of course work completed at Daemen will be eligible for Commencement Honors provided that they meet ALL of the criteria referenced above AND both of the following:
- The GPA for Daemen course work must be appropriate to the honor
- The GPA for all college work (all accepted transfer courses and Daemen courses) must be appropriate to the honor.
No honor will be bestowed that is not supported by both the Daemen GPA and the "all college work" GPA. Example: If a student has a GPA of 3.30 in Daemen course work but a 3.20 GPA in "all college work" (all accepted transfer courses and Daemen courses), no honor would be accorded.
* Credits not included as actual Daemen course work include: Nursing validation exam credit; Credit for Learning from Life Experience (CLLE); challenge exams; cross registrations.