The Health and Insurance Services office is located in the CHIP Center, Wick 116(Down the hall from Campus Safety).
The office is open Monday-Friday from 8:30am – 4:30pm.
Proof of the items listed below must be submitted to the Health & Insurance Services Office BEFORE the first day of the clinical experience. In coordination with the academic department, Health Services will contact the student with information on what they specifically need to be clinically health complaint.
- Physical Examination - within 1 year of clinical experience start date
- TB Screening (PPD, TB-Gold, T-SPOT) - within 1 year of clinical experience start date
- Immunity to Hepatitis B - valid for life
- Immunity to Varicella (Chicken Pox) - valid for life
- Td or TDap - administered within the 10 years of clinical experience start date
- Flu shot or completed flu shot declination - within 1 year of clinical experience start date
- Active Health Insurance - front and back of your health insurance ID card
For more information, review the Daemen College Clinical Health Compliance FAQs.
The Health and Insurance Services Office maintains your paper immunization records for a total of seven years after your date of admission to the college. To request a copy of your records, please complete the Record Release Form. This information will only be used to identify your records and to release them to you or the entity you specify in your request.
The first place to start is to speak with your primary healthcare provider. Depending on their availability and what your health insurance carrier approves, there are a few options for vaccination administration:
- A local pharmacy
- Urgent Care
- Erie County Department of Health
608 William Street
Buffalo, NY 14206
- 2nd and 4th Thursday of month; 8:30am-11:30am, by appointment only
- Call for specifics; no travel vaccines available
- No insurances accepted