- FAQ’s Quarantine & Isolation Orders
- Testing, Quarantines, Surveillance and Vaccinations
- PPE Purchase Request 9/2/2020
COVID-19 Testing Coverage
Your health plan through Univera covers COVID-19 testing in full*, including antibody testing, if:
- You show possible symptoms or have had known close contact with someone else who has tested positive for COVID-19 AND
- It is ordered by your doctor and deemed medically appropriate
Please Note: COVID-19 testing for those who do not have symptoms, but who are required to have testing by their employer, school or a government or public health agency, is not covered.
Free COVID-19 testing is available at any of the 700+ testing sites through New York state operated by the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOC). Anyone can get tested and you do not need to show symptoms of COVID-19, although appointments may be required. To find a NYSDOC testing site, please call the health department's 24-hour hotline at 1-888-364-3065 or refer to the New York Department of Health Website.
Return to Work Guidelines
This packet is for employees to use as a quick reference as they return to their work environments.
No Matter What Comes Next, Caring Comes First
These days, it's nice to have a little certainty. And while we can't tell you exactly what's going to come next, we promise you what will come first — caring for people right here in the community we call home.
The safety and wellbeing of our members, our employees, and our community are at the center of everything we do. Univera Healthcare is monitoring developments about novel coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and what it means for our community, and we will keep you informed of any changes to your health plan as soon as possible.
Your Benefits and Coverage
- No cost to members for viral COVID-19 testing where medically necessary consistent with CDC guidance
- No cost to members for medically necessary office, urgent care, or ER visits related to COVID-19
- No cost to members for telehealth services
- Members are encouraged to use their 90-day mail order benefit for prescription medications, and early medication refills are available for prescriptions during state of emergency
- Mental, behavioral, and emotional health resources to support you when you need it most
Health Care Plans for You and Your Family
- $0 or low cost plans you can count on if your circumstances change
No-Cost Telehealth Visits During the State of Emergency
To help alleviate the burden on provider offices, urgent care centers and hospitals, telehealth visits will be covered at no cost to members for the next 90 days (effective March 13, 2020).
You should ask your provider in advance if they are equipped to conduct telehealth visits via telephone, e-mail, or video chat.
Some common conditions for telehealth visits include:
- Adults: allergies, cold and flu, ear infections, fever, headaches, joint aches and pains, nausea and vomiting, pink eye, rashes, sinus infections, urinary tract infections; behavioral health conditions such as addiction, stress, depression, and PTSD.
- Children: cold and flu, constipation, earache, fever, nausea and vomiting, pink eye
- Certain conditions requiring specialized care such as dermatology, acute chiropractic care, and nutrition consulting can also be treated with a telehealth visit. Check with your specialist to see if they offer this option.
When your doctor isn’t available, telemedicine may be an option for you. Whether you need a consultation for acute, non-emergency conditions, or someone to talk to during a challenging time, our partnership with MDLIVE gives you convenient access to medical and behavioral health care 24/7/365 from the comfort of your home. Note: At this time MDLive is unable to order COVID-19 tests. Please contact your doctor or local county health department if you believe you have COVID-19 symptoms.
Employees are covered by Lincoln Short Term Disability Plan and are eligible for benefits if they are diagnosed with the coronavirus and are sick and unable to perform the major duties of their job due to sickness. Eligibility is determined based on medical documentation and the completion of a Disability Claim form.
Under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), unless an individual or family member is ill as a result of the coronavirus, they are likely not entitled to leave. However, federal and state positions on the applicability of coronavirus quarantine on these statutory leave policies may change.
In order to be eligible for FMLA, an employee or family member for whom they are caring will need to have medical documentation that certifies the individual’s condition as meeting the definition of a serious health condition. Therefore, at this time, a diagnosis without certification by a doctor of a serious health condition, a quarantine order, a need to self-quarantine due to lowered immunity, or the need to care for a child due to school closures does not qualify.
At this time, individuals who are quarantined but are not sick are not eligible for coverage. However, it is possible that eligibility for these coverages as a result of COVID-19 may be changed.
Lincoln Financial, our EAP partner, has been working to provide members with resources about the virus and is helping to control the anxiety that accompanies situations such as these. Please check the variety of free support services available www.Lincoln4Benefits.com; Username: LFGsupport; Password; LFGsupport1; or 1-888-628-4824.
Request to Work Remotely form.
Employees permitted to telecommute must continue to abide by all employee policies in the handbook, including the Technology Acceptable Use Policy, Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy, and the Policy Prohibiting Unlawful Harassment Including Sexual Harassment.
Hourly staff who are permitted to telecommute must comply with Daemen’s timekeeping practices and accurately record all working time, in addition to contacting their direct supervisor at the start and end of their telecommuting work day by telephone or email.
Equipment and Technology Support
Please note that equipment is extremely limited and will be provided on a case by case basis Priority will be given to those who need VPN access to critical campus systems. Any equipment supplied by Daemen is to be used solely by the employee and for business purposes only.
The employee is responsible for securing from theft any Daemen property and must use secure access procedures. Employees agree to maintain confidentiality by using passwords and agree not to share such passwords with anyone outside of Daemen. If any unauthorized access or disclosure occurs, employees must inform Daemen immediately.
Worker’s compensation does not apply to injuries to any third parties or members of the employee’s family on the employee’s premises. In the event of a job-related injury, the employee should report the incident to their direct supervisor as soon as possible, within 24 hours.