Admission and Program Requirements
Students must meet the following master’s level admission requirements:
- Possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a major concentration in a business related field, such as accounting, business administration, economics, management, or marketing.
- Have an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher. If a student has an undergraduate grade point average of less than 3.0, (s) he will be required to take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). The following guideline will be used to determine admission for matriculation: (200 X undergraduate GPA) + GMAT score > 1000.
- A student with a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university not in a business related field may be admitted if 30 credit hours or more of the undergraduate degree were in business related courses, or if the student has the equivalent work experience. In either case, the following topics must be covered as prerequisites through previous undergraduate coursework or through bridge courses by the end of the first semester: Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Business Law (including contract law), Business Statistics or Business Mathematics, and Principles of Marketing.
- Provide two letters of recommendation that demonstrate the applicant’s ability to undertake a rigorous program of academic study as well as address the applicant’s leadership ability as the person making reference knows it.
- Demonstrate satisfactory oral and written English by a pre-admission interview, a pre-admission essay or, if applicable, a satisfactory TOEFL score.
- Submit a completed application form with fee.
- Submit a personal goal statement.
- Provide official transcripts from the institution that awarded the baccalaureate degree and any work completed at the graduate level.
- A student may enter the program on a non-matriculated basis and complete a maximum of two courses while gathering the above materials and awaiting official acceptance.
Excluding an approved leave of absence, all requirements for the MS in Global Business must be completed within a period of five (5) calendar years, effective from the first date of matriculation in the Global Business program.
Requirements for Graduation
- Application for Degree: All graduate students are required to file an Application for Degree (PDF) form with the Registrar's Office at the onset of the final term of study. The application is accessible on the Registrar's web page.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00.