If Daemen is the place you want to be,
then Early Decision may be a great plan for you!
Daemen University is excited to announce our new Early Decision application option with a four-year tuition guarantee! Starting this fall, students may apply to any of our 65+ majors as early decision applicants. Early Decision applications are due by Nov. 1, 2022.
Early Decision students who commit to Daemen by making a tuition deposit by Friday, December 16, 2022, will have their tuition rate GUARANTEED for all four of their undergraduate years at Daemen. This means that if Daemen increases tuition during that time, your financial aid and scholarship will increase, keeping your tuition the same amount.
Daemen will still accept applications as part of our non-binding Rolling Admissions process. However, for the Physician Assistant and Nursing-ECC programs, there is a priority deadline for applications which is November 18th, 2022.
Is Early Decision right for you?
- Early Decision is a binding application process that allows students to apply early, receive an admissions decision by Thanksgiving, and make their university decision by December 16th, 2022.
- Once you commit to paying your tuition deposit, you are indicating that you are stopping your university search process and attending Daemen.
- Early Decision, Priority Deadline, and Rolling Admission applicants are treated equally in the awarding of scholarships and financial aid.
- A student who applies for Early Decision can request to be moved to the Rolling Admission plan. If you make this change during the application process, you will be reconsidered for admission with Regular Decision applicants.
- Please note that some programs have seat capacities and may fill with Early and Rolling Admission applicants. These programs include: physician assistant, physical therapy, nursing, animation, and pre-veterinary 3+4 with Lincoln Memorial University.
Important Deadline Dates
- November 1st, 2022: Completed Applications due
- November 1st, 2022: Recommended date for FAFSA to be completed to ensure financial aid package is sent out by late November.
- December 16th, 2022: Tuition Deposit due for acceptance of Early Decision admission offer
Early Decision Physician Assistant Interview Date will be announced in the early fall. It will usually be the third week of November.
Daemen's Early Decision Policy
- At Daemen, students who submit a complete Early Decision application by November 1, 2022, will receive their admissions decision and financial aid package by November 30, 2022.
- If a student is not accepted through Early Decision, the student will be released from the binding agreement and will be considered with the Rolling Admissions pool.
- If a student is offered an Early Decision acceptance, the deadline to deposit is December 16, 2022.
- Prior to depositing, we encourage students to talk with our financial aid office about their financial aid package.
- Early Decision Nursing 1-2-1 students who are not accepted into their first choice partner school may request to be released from the conditions of Early Decision.
- If a student accepts the Early Decision offer then they will submit a $200 non-refundable tuition deposit. Upon accepting an Early Decision offer a student is required to withdraw all applications to other colleges/universities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Traditionally admissions rates will vary depending on the decision plan you choose. However, the Early Decision process is meant for students who know they want to attend the college or university at which they apply Early Decision. Talking with admissions, financial aid, and high school counselors about the financial aspects of this decision is vitally important before committing to apply Early Decision at any school
Just one. You may apply to other schools as an Early Action or Regular Decision applicant, but you may only apply to one school Early Decision as the acceptance is a binding agreement.
Early Decision students will have the opportunity (if qualified) to interview for additional scholarships at Scholars Day, but if the scholarship is contingent on enrolling at Daemen then we encourage students to use the non-binding Rolling Admissions plan.