In the interest of public safety amidst the concerns over Covid-19 (Coronavirus), SCORE and the Small Business Administration have decided to postpone the Straight Talk Series. Our target dates for the last two sessions will be April 7th and 14th. We plan to move ahead as scheduled on those dates, unless you receive further communication stating otherwise.
So, April 7th will be the Social Media, Government Contracting and Crowdsourcing program and April 14th will be the Managing your Credit Score, Next Steps and Graduation program.
We thank you all for your patience and understanding. We encourage you to do your part to keep yourselves, family, employees and customers healthy.
Find more information on the SBA’s available resources at: www.SBA.gov/Coronavirus.
The program is designed to provide education that empowers entrepreneurs with knowledge and skills needed for business success. Students will receive a certificate stating that they have completed basic training in starting a business.
As part of our collaboration as hosts for the Straight Talk series, all Daemen faculty and students are free (with ID).
The 8 follow-up Straight Talk Series classes will be held on Daemen College campus, Schenck Hall, Room 107 from 6 until 8:30 pm until beginning February 4, 2020. Please arrive by 5:45 pm to check-in at the registration table.
All classes are comprised of two segments and each is 55 minutes in duration. The Segments are as follows:
- February 4, 2020
- Segment 1: Business Planning Part I
- Segment 2: Library Resources
- February 11, 2020
- Segment 1: Business Planning Part II
- Segment 2: Elements of a Financial Plan
- February 18, 2020
- Segment 1: Business Ethics & how to Borrow Money
- Segment 2: Risk Management from a Legal Perspective
- February 25, 2020
- Segment 1: Top HR issues Business Owners Face-And How to Solve Them
- Segment 2: New York State Taxes
- March 3, 2020
- Segment 1: Risk Management from the Insurance Perspective
- Segment 2: Federal Taxes
- March 10, 2020
- Segment 1: Marketing Your Small Business
- Segment 2: Getting Your Business Online
- March 17, 2020
- Segment 1: Social Media and Internet Marketing Secrets
- Segment 2: Crowdfunding: and Federal Government Contracting
- March 24, 2020
- Segment 1: Managing Your Credit Score
- Segment 2: Next Steps and Moving Forward