Alumni are welcome to use Career Services, FREE OF CHARGE (no time limit)! Industry-specific Career Advisors are available to meet in person or connect via phone, email, Skype or Facetime. Career Services offers the following services to alumni:
- Professional document review (resume, cover letter & references)
- Mock interviews (debrief included)
- Graduate school/job search & application assistance
- Access to 200,000+ employers and 100% of Fortune 500 companies and their job postings through WildcatWorks aka Handshake: https://app.joinhandshake.com/. This tool will allow you to search for jobs, upload and manage your resume, create a career portfolio and provide you with current career information in the form of documents, podcasts or videos through the Career Library. For the latest news, Career Services will also post special announcements and any general announcements pertaining to career fairs and other events on WildcatWorks. Review the document How to Log-in as an Alumn: Reset Your WildcatWorks Password.
- Career advising sessions are offered in person or via phone or Skype, thus ensuring that Daemen College alumni, regardless of their location can access Daemen Career Services counseling services. Sessions are varied and personalized. Some sessions involve developing job search strategies for an alumna who has been absent from the workforce for a significant period of time. Other sessions focus on career exploration and planning a transition from one field to another. In addition, Career Services offers many different types of assessments including the Strong Interest Inventory and Strengths Quest. The integration of these assessments and subsequent research will result in an informed decision about the next step in your career.
- Career Services sponsors the Career and Internship Expo and ROC (Recruiters on Campus) for alumni and students with prospective employers.
- In our office, on our website and on WildcatWorks, we offer numerous reference materials to help with career changes and more.
Contact our office to set up an appointment at 716-839-8334 or schedule the appointment online through your WildcatWorks account. Unable to stop by? No problem, Career Advisors will work with you via email, phone, Facetime, Skype, etc. We look forward to working with you soon!
Want to Become a Mentor?
Daemen alumni interested in becoming a career mentor may register HERE.