The Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning provides resources for faculty on high-impact pedagogies and learning technologies, and support for assessment of teaching and student learning.
- To promote excellence in teaching and learning through cutting-edge technologies and high-impact pedagogies
- To support and retain new faculty across the disciplines; to challenge and engage experienced faculty in the scholarship of teaching
- To actively contribute to campus-wide efforts to increase student retention, persistence, and success
- To promote and sustain lean and effective processes for assessment of student learning
- To strengthen the reputation of Daemen as a leading institution for excellence in teaching and learning technologies
The CETL Team
Duns Scotus 102
Dr. Hella Jacob holds a Master of Arts degree in English from Regensburg University (Germany) and a Ph.D. in German Literature and Language from the University at Buffalo. She has taught German at different colleges, including for many years at UB. In addition to her background in teaching, she has several years of experience as a membership professional in the nonprofit sector. In 2014, Hella came to Daemen as a project assistant under Daemen’s Title III grant, supporting the various events and programs that the CETL sponsors. In 2017, Hella began coordinating the annual institutional assessment process, and since the spring of 2018, she serves as the administrative director of the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.