New Employee Information & Procedures
Congratulations on your position at Daemen College! We are happy to have you be a part of the team. Please reference the following for more information about the New Hire process, and what needs to be done before your first day.
Note: All new hires must complete an application to a posted position via ApplicantPro (https://daemen.applicantpro.com/jobs/) before they can be onboarded.
New Hire Checklist:
- ACCEPT EMPLOYMENT OFFER:
- Staff and Faculty must verbally accept their offer first for the onboarding process to begin.
- Staff must return signed offer letter to Employee Engagement Office with their new hire paperwork.
- Faculty must return signed contract to Dean's Office.
- PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND CHECK:
- Complete your employment background check through Metrodata. You will receive a link to your personal email to complete the background check. (Background checks can take roughly 3 to 5 days, however, it you have live or have lived in several states/counties outside of NY, the background may take as long as two weeks..)
- COMPLETE NEW HIRE FORMS:
- New hire forms and/or benefit enrollments are completed electronically online through ADP WorkforceNow.
- DAEMEN USER ACCOUNT / EMAIL:
- Your supervisor is responsible for completing the IT New User Request Form to obtain your email, phone, and access to all required technology as applicable to your job, ie Blackboard, Colleague. IT creates accounts twice a week, every Wednesday and Friday.
- Once your account is created, you will receive an email with a link to activate your Daemen email. The link to activate your email will expire within 24 hours for security purposes. Your email will not be activated until you complete the registration process.
- Sender: OneLogin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Invitation to OneLogin from Daemen College
- Sender: OneLogin <email@example.com>
- PARKING PASS:
- Register and pay for your annual Campus Parking pass via your MyDaemen Account: https://www.permitsales.net/DaemenCollege
- BENEFITS MEETING:
- If full time status, complete benefits paperwork online with Bianca Gowanny, Employee Benefits & Payroll Coordinator.
- PROOF OF COVID VACCINATION/NEGATIVE TEST:
- To ensure the safety of our community, students, faculty and staff must either submit proof of being fully vaccinated OR submit proof of a negative COVID-19 virus test to be cleared to attend in person classes, teach or work on campus this summer/fall semester. (insert link here to upload vaccination card)
- REVIEW AND BECOME FAMILIAR WITH DAEMEN COLLEGE COVID-19 POLICIES:
- Most current Daemen College COVID-19 Policies can be accessed via the Daemen College CHIP webpage, and at this following link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRnuRozM65nelOlwxAL7keU3300e7Zk3j81w7wFNYeSrzsLI0x2rU5dYXk_epr9ZhMjzxJcDHhjbADS/pub
- ACKNOWLEDGE COVID-19 POLICY:
- Take a Virtual Tour of Daemen College and get to know the friendly faces within each department!
- Daemen College Campus Map - PDF
- This video provides a brief overview of all of the benefits Daemen College has to offer including Health Insurance, Tuition Waiver and Retirement plan options
- Link to Benefits Information
- Stay up to date with Daemen's preparedness surrounding the COVID pandemic
Parking Pass Information
- All vehicles are required to be registered by the start of the academic year. The annual fee for a parking permit is $35. The fee can be paid via credit card. Please note that regular full-time and part-time employees who earn under $25,000 will not be charged an annual fee but again, all vehicles still need to be registered. The fee for all adjunct faculty is $15.
- In order to register, please go online at: daemen.edu/parking. You will need to login using your username and password first. You can register multiple vehicles at no extra charge, but will only be issued one tag to switch between multiple vehicles. To use the same information as last year you can use the green plus button in each location.
IT Office Equipment & Account Activation Information
- Requests for employee's IT equipment and access will be submitted by the hiring supervisor via the New User Request Form.
- Accounts will be created no sooner than one month before the employees expected start date (exceptions can be requested). Accounts are created twice a week every Wednesday and Friday morning.