Job growth for business occupations is expected to increase by 7 percent from 2018-28.
Through coursework, career counseling, and internships, students learn valuable interpersonal, technical, and creative thinking skills needed to become next-generation business leaders.
- Our broad-based program strategically balances academic preparation, professional training, and hands-on experience.
- Curriculum is comprehensive, including economics, management, organizational behavior, accounting, marketing, law, ethics, and international business.
- Graduates have an 87 percent job placement rate within months of graduation.
- All students participate in at least one valuable internship experience to build professional interpersonal skills, develop liaisons with the business community, and provide concrete, resume building work experience.
- Professional career counselors work with students for internships and prior to graduation.
- Students are mentored to identify their personal interests and suitability for their specific career field.
- Students can enhance their degree with minors in over 50 areas, including sustainability, entrepreneurship, modern languages, public relations and many more.
- The consulting lab is a collaborative space where students can meet and work with outside individuals or organizations.
- Students can network with professionals as well as gain hands-on experience through student run organizations, including clubs (marketing, business, and sport management), and the Society for Human Resource Management.
Business administration majors choose from a variety of specialization areas, including:
More Info From Our Blog
What to look for in MBA programs
The top 3 benefits of getting your MBA
Our comprehensive curriculum provides students with a strong foundation of the fundamentals of business, therefore graduates have many career options in the business world. Our program also prepares students to apply to law school.
Popular careers options include
- Business development
- Commercial lines
- Employee relations
- Health and fitness
- Influencer marketing
- Human resources
- Operations and supply chain management
Recent Graduate Employers
|Ivoclar Vivadent||Buffalo Bills|
|GFI Software USA||Ingram Micro|
|Remedy Staffing||Kaleida Health|
|Gintzler Graphics||Sprint Mobile|
|HSBC Bank||JCPenney Corporate|
|M&T Bank||People Inc.|
|Buffalo State College||Fisher Price|
|AXA Advisors LLC||Daemen College|
|The Leadership Program||Koike Aronson Inc.|
|Rural/ Metro WNY||First Niagara Bank|
Donell L. Gibson, Jr., ’13
Corporate Associate Attorney, Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP
Tom Escott, ’15
Onsite Development Specialist, Multi-B.O.B. Construction Outside Sales, Fastenal Company
Within four years, business administration majors can also earn a second degree in global and local sustainability. Students prepare to become business leaders and agents of change in important areas, including diversity, ethics, and global management.
"Our goal is to help make our students as marketable as possible before graduation. We focus on guiding them to build their resumes with the many valuable profession-related experiences we offer within our degree programs.” - Sharlene Buszka, Department Chair