According to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook, for the Buffalo, Cheektowaga and Niagara region the mean salary is $48,530, and the job growth for paralegals is at a rate of 12% which is faster than average.
- Available to undergraduate Daemen students or any student with a four-year degree.
- Program can be finished in as little as two semesters.
- Most classes are offered at night to accommodate the working professional.
- Students gain legal writing, research, and analytical skills.
- Students participate in internships, our legal clinic, trips to courts and legal offices, and hear from guest speakers.
- Please Note: When applying for this program students need to select "Transfer" and their application will be processed by our transfer admissions team
With paralegal skills, you can be a small business owner or work for a legal software company. These skills can also help prepare you for law school.
Paralegal skills can prepare graduates to work in:
- law firms
- the legislature
- insurance companies
- employment agencies
- health insurance agencies
Popular careers include:
- Bar association administrator
- Claims adjuster
- Compliance officer
- Court clerk
- Grant writer
- Evidence technician
- Law clerk
- Legal analyst
- Probation officer
More Info From Our Blog
Daemen Professor Personifies U.S. Constitution for TEDxBuffalo
Daemen Paralegal Studies Ranked No. 21 Nationally
*Paralegals assist attorneys in legal research, writing and case investigation. Paralegals cannot provide legal advice to the public except as authorized by law.