- Core and advanced specialty courses provide students with a foundation of knowledge in the biological and health sciences.
- Education classes provide instruction in the craft of teaching and provide strong preparation for state Teacher Certification Exams.
- Field study opportunities are available in Florida, Costa Rica and other areas while researching local habitats.
- All students have the opportunity to design, conduct and present original research in collaboration with faculty at academic festivals and international professional conferences.
- Daemen’s Center for Interprofessional Learning and Simulation (CILS) provides students experiential learning opportunities to promote best practice and collaboration.
Daemen graduates are teaching in many school districts and public school systems, including Buffalo, Williamsville, Clarence, Cheektowaga, New York City, Baltimore, and Myrtle Beach, among others.
A number of our graduates have also advanced to working in educational administration.