International perspectives make graduates more desirable to employers of global law firms, non-profit organizations and government.
Modern companies require an understanding of legal issues surrounding the environment and legal firms help clients respond to changing environmental policies as well as obtain funding for sustainable development and renewable energy investment.
- New graduate programs focus on green law and sustainability and opportunities are growing in the field.
- Internships and research projects allow students to apply sustainability principles to legal issues in society.
- Business law changes encourage benefit corporations, which measure progress through environmental and social initiatives.
- Students are required to complete an international experience and work with the Daemen College Global Programs Office to find the opportunity that best fits their interests and timing.
- Project-based experiences locally and globally provide students insight for new approaches and understanding cultural differences.
- Program typically is completed in four years, depending on previous language experience.