Job growth is expected in the field of history as well as political science due to increased demand for public policy analysis in organizations.
Learn how to shape the future through historical and political literacy and civic engagement.
- Daemen students are empowered to understand and navigate a diverse, interdependent, and dynamic world.
- Students learn about social and political systems in local, national, regional, and global contexts.
- Graduates possess knowledge and intellectual abilities that are highly valued and adaptable to a wide array of careers and a rapidly changing work environment
- Internship opportunities allow students to explore potential career paths through placements in Buffalo, Washington, D.C., and internationally.
- Experiential learning opportunities such as Model United Nations and moot court complement and extend in-class learning.
- Our innovative Center for Polish Studies sponsors a summer study abroad opportunity for students in Poland.
- Our pre-law studies program has an excellent track record with law school admissions and subsequent success in legal practice.
Our graduates find success in a variety of career paths and many become informed and engaged community members and leaders.
- Education (teaching and administration)
- Government and community agencies
- Museums and historical societies
- Law enforcement
- Libraries and archives
Gabrielle Sinnott, ’19
History and Political Science
Studying human security as a graduate student
Molly Sievenpiper, ’15
History and Political Science, adolescent education social studies
Business operations specialist, American Red Cross