An international business background will prepare graduates with wide-ranging global job choices.
Prepare to successfully conduct business around the world - learn about international planning, strategic management, cross-cultural business negotiations, ethics, and global marketing.
- Our program details business practices in the North American Free Trade Agreement zone, European Union, and emerging economies in Asia, Middle East, and Latin America.
- Students can learn a new language and have access to study abroad programs, and international internship and career opportunities.
- Networking opportunities are available with field professionals, guest speakers, and international faculty.
- Daemen is a corporate member of the Buffalo World Trade Association and an educational partner of the National Association of Small Business International Trade Educators, which provides opportunities to obtain professional certifications.
- Events and student competitions are offered through World Trade Center Buffalo Niagara, the Buffalo Niagara Partnership, and the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals.
- One-on-one career coaching guides students to prepare for specialization related internships and supports them in the job search process.
More Info From Our Blog
What to look for in MBA programs
The top 3 benefits of getting your MBA
100% of 2021 graduates were employed or in graduate school within 6 months of graduation. Students develop indispensable cross-cultural skills to be successful in international organizations. They are mentored to identify their personal interests and suitability for this specific career field.
Popular career options by industry
- Account executive
- Distribution manager
- Director of change management
- International marketing and sales manager
- Event coordinator
- Marketing promotions coordinator
- Senior sales representative
Business Administration, B.S. with international business specialization; Global & Local Sustainability, B.A.; International Business, M.S.
Director of Business Operations and Sustainability Specialist, DataSure24
- Students are required to complete a 3 credit (150 hour) internship to gain hands-on experience in the field.
- Students have interned at international companies, inlcuding Rich Products, Ivoclar, Delaware North, and Liberty Pumps.
- Professors help students network with multinational companies at international business events.
- Senior students created a comprehensive and cohesive report on the factors affecting a firm when exporting to foreign markets for the first time.
- Projects emphasize the importance of market research, corporate culture, research and development, export costs, international agents, and country of origin when taking your business to international markets.
Within four years, business administration majors can also earn a second degree in global and local sustainability. Students prepare to become business leaders and agents of change in important areas, including diversity, ethics, and global management.