Daemen College has established an Emergency Fund to assist veterans and other military-aligned students who are experiencing a financial crises.
- If you have a financial emergency during the semester, or during holiday time, or during the break between semesters because you are not receiving your educational benefits or for any other reason, we may be able to assist you with a newly-created Emergency Fund. The Emergency Fund Request form is available at https://goo.gl/forms/54oqaOtn0pXf2QrA3
- If we are unable to accommodate your need via the Emergency Fund, the MAS Emergency Fund Committee will attempt to locate an agency which may be able to help you
- All requests and documentation will be held in confidence
- Requests will be reviewed and an answer forthcoming within 48 hours at the latest
Resources for students wishing to apply for educational assistance.
For an overview of a simple 1-2-3 Approach to applying for educational benefits, check out the GI Bill®.
- Applicants must be admitted and enrolled at Daemen College. However, if they are not admitted to Daemen, they must be admitted to another institution and be registered for a course or courses at Daemen. In such cases, joint (concurrent) certification is processed with the other school.
- Graduate students are allowed one year of enrollment before they are required to be fully admitted.
- Undergraduates must be fully admitted before filing.
- All forms for first-time applicants, continuing students, and transfer students can be obtained in Duns Scotus 106 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- For each semester, students wishing to receive educational assistance must complete an Application for Semester Entitlement (ASE) form. The Center for Veterans and Veteran Family Services will not certify students without a request on file.
- Processing applications takes Veterans Administration approximately 6 to 8 weeks. This means that after your paperwork from the Daemen College Center for Veterans and Veteran Family Services has been submitted to the Veterans Administration, you can expect a check for the current enrollment amount to arrive at the location you designated in the address section of the ASE form 6 to 8 weeks later. Thereafter, checks for the previous month will arrive at the beginning of each month.
- Questions concerning payment after you have been certified should be directed to the Veterans Administration at (800) 827-0619.
- All physical applications are located on the main campus in The Center for Veterans and Veteran Family Services, in Duns Scotus.
- You may apply online using VONAPP (Veterans Online Application).
- Please retain a copy for your USC file.
- VA Application Form (VA 22-1990). For new applicants under VA programs: Chapter 30, 32,1606 and 1607(eligible veterans).
- VA Application Form (VA 22-5490). For new applicants under VA program: Chapter 35 (eligible dependents of veterans).
This form is the Veterans Administration Application for Education Benefits:
- It must be filled out completely and returned to the Daemen Center for Veterans and Veteran Family Services, in Duns Scotus.
- If the student is on active duty, signatures by the Armed Forces Education Services Officer and Commanding Officer are required.
- Veterans must submit a certified copy of the DD-214 along with the 22-1990).
- Each semester, continuing students must complete the Application for Semester Entitlement, also available in the Center for Veterans and Veteran Family Services in Duns Scotus.
- The Center for Veterans and Veteran Family Services certifies enrollment for past semesters, up to one year.
- Certification for future semesters is not available.
There are three methods of filing the ASE form:
- In Person: Hard copies of the ASE forms are available in the Center for Veterans and Veteran Family Services in Duns Scotus. They may be picked up, completed and returned in person to the Center for Veterans and Veteran Family Services in Duns Scotus.
- Facsimile: Completed forms may be submitted via fax to (213) 740-6761.
- Email: To send the ASE form via email, you must sign and scan the completed form before sending it. The email address is email@example.com.
If you wish to add or change your current degree program or are new to Daemen and have received VA educational benefits at another school, you must complete and sign the appropriate form below and return it to the Daemen Center for Veterans and Veteran Family Services in Duns Scotus.
- VA Request for Change of Program of Place of Training (VA 22-1995). For applicants under VA programs: Chapter 30, 32, 1606 and 1607 (eligible veterans)
- VA Request for Change of Program of Place of Training (VA 22-5495). For applicants under VA program: Chapter 35 (eligible dependents of veterans)
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://benefits.va.gov/gibill/.