Education helps graduates build a solid technical and artistic foundation, and can improve employment prospects, even in occupations that don’t typically require a formal program.
Engage in intensive studio practice to create your own, unique extensive body of personal artwork.
- At Daemen, students are provided with classes, projects and guidance designed to explore, develop and evolve their voice.
- Painting students take extensive courses in art history, design, drawing, and introductory courses in painting, which provides a foundation for the development of a personal body of painting that is conceptually and formally informed.
- Our foundational classes help students develop a solid grounding in essential areas and our advanced classes allow students to take their skills much further.
- Students engage in internships and gallery exhibits to discover practical applications beyond the studio, and gain exposure to regional and national art markets.
- Faculty members are active professional artists with connections to the art industry.
- Students participate in off-campus projects, extracurricular projects such as mural painting and graphic design campaigns.
- Visiting speakers and off-campus experiences allow students to see art and design at work in the local industry.
Daemen’s painting program teaches students how to think creatively for themselves and prepares them for a lifelong engagement with the world of art.
- Studio artist
- Mural painter
- Art instructor
- Art museum preparator
- Storyboard illustrator
- Book, magazine and newspaper illustrator
- Album or graphic novel artist
Carlye Sager, ’19
Artist and painter, working towards a master’s in architecture.