The mission of Daemen College is to prepare students for life and leadership in an increasingly diverse and complex world by integrating the intellectual qualities acquired through the liberal arts with the preparation necessary for professional achievement.
The faculty, staff, and students of the Daemen College Community value
- a diversity of ideas, backgrounds, and beliefs
- a student centered atmosphere
- holistic/experiential learning
- advanced information literacy
- rigorous critical thinking and creative problem solving
- effective communication skills
- keen moral and ethical discernment
- acute affective awareness
- informed civic engagement
- an understanding of the role of context
- intellectual rigor
- local and global responsibility
- professional preparation
Daemen College will continue to thrive by preparing students for professional excellence, intellectual rigor, and service in the global community. As a college of national distinction, Daemen will continue to
- attract first-rate faculty and staff as one of the nation’s best colleges to work for
- create a state-of-the-art living and learning environment
- provide and excellent innovative education in a sustainable, supportive learning environment
- become a national model for high quality, affordable undergraduate and graduate education
- become a national leader in blended curriculum
- become a national leader in scholarship and research
- become one of the region’s premier NCAA Division II athletic programs
Expanded Mission Statement
The mission of Daemen College is to prepare students for life and leadership in an increasingly complex world. Founded on the principle that education should elevate human dignity and foster civic responsibility and compassion, the College seeks to integrate the intellectual qualities acquired through the study of liberal arts with the education necessary for professional accomplishment. This integration which recognizes equal value in liberal studies and professional programs aims at preparing graduates who are dedicated to the health and well-being of both their local and global communities (Mission Statement: Appendix A).
Daemen College will fulfill its mission and continue to thrive in the coming years by emphasizing intellectual rigor, service in the global community, and professional excellence. To ensure that these ideals are realized, the College will maintain an environment conductive to the individual student’s intellectual, social and cultural development. This environment will be sustained and adapted in accordance with an ongoing and fully integrated process of assessment, planning, and budgeting – as both reflected in and directed by this Strategic Plan.
Based on assessment of our current position and the strategic priorities thereby identified, it is anticipated that this Plan will serve our institution for approximately the next five years. The Plan is intentionally nimble, sufficiently broad to allow current thinking to be adapted in a rapidly changing global environment, while acknowledging the budgetary implications of diminishing state and federal support together with public concern over the increasingly high cost of higher education.
Our Strategic Plan develops the themes of intellectual rigor, service in the global community, and professional excellence in five broad areas: Educational Program, Global Competency, Student Persistence, Facilities and Aesthetics, and Fiscal Stability. An encompassing goal is stated for each area, followed by strategic objectives resulting in goal attainment. All sectors of the institution are expected to demonstrate the alignment of their own goals and objectives with this institutional plan, establish key performance indicators [KPIs] to be examined annually during the institutional assessment process, and align their budgetary requests accordingly.