Admission decisions are based on overall Grade Point Average (GPA) and English score such as the TOEFL and IELTS. Students from an English speaking country are NOT required to submit a TOEFL and IELTS. The GPA requirement is based on the U.S. grading scale of a 4.0.
- Minimum GPA 2.5
- Minimum TOEFL score 77 or IELTS 6.5
- Minimum ELS level 112
The following undergraduate programs have specific GPA requirements:
- Physical Therapy: Minimum GPA 3.1
- Nursing 1+2+1: Minimum GPA 3.1
- Athletic Training: Minimum GPA 2.7
SAT or ACT is required for Education, Physician Assistant, Physical Therapy, and Nursing applicants.
Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate their proficiency in the English language by taking the TOEFL iBT test. The test scores must be submitted directly to CASPA and the full report must be received by the Daemen PA department by January 1. The minimum requirements as stated below are specific to the Physician Assistant Department and does not represent the requirements of the Institution.
Minimum total test score of 100.
Reading Section, minimum score of 24
Listening Section, minimum score of 26
Speaking Section, minimum score of 26
Writing Section, minimum score of 24
- The minimum GPA requirement for most graduate programs is a 3.0*
- Nursing Education, M.S. and Nursing Executive Leadership, M.S. require a cumulative grade point average of 3.25 or above (on a 4.0 scale)
- Most graduate programs require a minimum 77 TOEFL or 6.5 IELTS or ELS level 112
- The MPH program requires a minimum 85 TOEFL or 6.5 IELTS or ELS level 112
- GRE or GMAT score within the 50% percentile for Education majors
- Daemen offers conditional admission with TOEFL scores higher than 69 or IELTS scores higher than a 5.5