Biology Degree Ranked in Top 50
Daemen College is the only institution in New York State to be selected as one of the top “50 Best Value Small Colleges” in the U.S. for biology degrees by Best Value Schools.
The Biology degree program at Daemen College provides a well-rounded curriculum, preparing students for a wide variety of career opportunities.
Biology students can specialize in environmental studies, obtain New York State Provisional Teaching Certification for grades 9-12, or continue on to graduate school for additional specialization. A research project with a faculty member is required.
- Small class sizes (10:1 student/teacher ratio) provide personal attention to each student from faculty members dedicated to teaching excellence
- State-of-the-art teaching laboratories
- Field study in Florida, Costa Rica and other areas while researching local habitats
- Internships at area hospitals, doctors’ and dentists’ offices, veterinary clinics, animal shelters, and environmental firms
- Opportunities to participate in innovative research projects on campus with faculty
- Strong track record of our graduates admitted into medical, dental and veterinary schools and other graduate programs across the country
- Articulation agreement with NOVA Southeastern University offers opportunities for Daemen Pre-Med students
- Partnership with Roswell Park Cancer Institute (RPCI) to offer a combined Baccalaureate degree in Biology and a Master’s degree in Cytotechnology
Adolescence Education in Biology
As a Daemen Adolescence Education in Biology major, you’ll be engrossed in both science and education classes throughout your time at Daemen. Students initially concentrate on core science courses that provide them with a strong understanding of the fundamentals of science. Education classes prepare students to have the confidence and preparation for a career in education. Adolescence Education in Biology
- Environmental Studies Specialization
- Adolescence Education in Biology: Daemen’s Education programs are nationally accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC)/Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) from May 3, 2013-May 3, 2020.
- BS Biology/MS Cytotechnology Dual Degree: Once students finish the Bachelor of Science degree in Biology they will participate in specialized cytotechnology coursework at Roswell Park for 12 months. At the end of this five yfive-yearam, students will be awarded a Master's degree from Daemen College in Cytotechnology and be eligible to take the national certification exam.
Graduates can seek employment in various areas. Some options include wildlife biologist, research scientist, environmental lawyer, patent attorney, pharmacist, science writer, forensic scientist, teacher, food chemist, veterinarian, dentist, physician, and more.
Recent Graduates’ Jobs
- Chemist, Severn Trent Laboratories
- Environmental Policy Enforcement, US Army Corps of Engineers
- Fisheries Biologist, Alaskan Observers Inc.
- Researcher, IBM Life Sciences Division
- Research Technologist, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Research Interns, National Institute of Health
- Boston College Graduate Program in Forensic Studies
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Portland State University Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Buffalo Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Michigan Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Rochester Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Rochester Graduate Program in Epidemiology
- Wegman’s School of Pharmacy
Biology & Spanish
Following my junior year, I moved to St. Augustine, Florida for 11 weeks and conducted research at the Whitney Laboratory for Marine Bioscience. Read More
National Science Teachers' Association
Daemen's Student Chapter of the NSTA helps future teachers network and connect with resources and activities that will enhance their professional opportunities. Learn More
For more information, contact Douglas Kalinowski, Chair of the Natural Sciences Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 716-839-8546.