The mean annual wage for biological scientists is over $90,000 in the U.S.
Students have access to a wide variety of courses, from marine biology to immunology, that prepare students for successful careers in health and science.
- Field study opportunities are available in Florida, Costa Rica, and other areas while researching local habitats.
- Daemen students complete valuable internships at area hospitals, doctors’ and dentists’ offices, veterinary clinics, animal shelters, and environmental firms.
- All students have the opportunity to design, conduct, and present original research in collaboration with faculty at academic festivals and international professional conferences.
- The environmental studies specialization program prepares students for employment with non-governmental organizations, government agencies, consulting firms, or companies involved in research and development.
- Students can become a 7-12 grade biology teacher through our adolescent education program where they learn the fundamentals of both education and biology to prepare for the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations.
- Daemen's student chapter of the National Science Teachers' Association helps future teachers network and connect with resources and activities to enhance their professional opportunities.
Degree and Program Options
BS Biology/MS Cytotechnology Dual Degree
We offer a combined biology/cytotechnology program, which includes a partnership with Buffalo's Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center. Once students finish their biology degree at Daemen, they participate in specialized coursework at Roswell for 12 months. Upon completion of this five year program, students are eligible to take the national certification exam.
Our program prepares students for further education and impactful careers in the medical and science fields. Graduates have a strong track record for admittance into medical, dental, and veterinary schools, as well as other prestigious graduate programs across the country.
- Wildlife biologist
- Research scientist
- Environmental lawyer
- Land management and park service supervisor
- Forensic scientist
- Genetic counselor
- Food chemist
Recent Graduates’ Jobs
- Chemist, Severn Trent Laboratories
- Environmental Policy Enforcement, US Army Corps of Engineers
- Fisheries Biologist, Alaskan Observers Inc.
- Researcher, IBM Life Sciences Division
- Research Technologist, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Research Interns, National Institute of Health
Our graduates have pursued many graduate programs, including
- Boston College Graduate Program in Forensic Studies
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Portland State University Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Buffalo Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Michigan Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Rochester Graduate Program in Chemistry
- University of Rochester Graduate Program in Epidemiology
- Wegman’s School of Pharmacy
Josh Greene, ’19
Graduate student, pursuing his masters in environmental science