Financial Aid Resources
At first glance, the whole idea of financial aid can seem somewhat overwhelming. There are, however, many resources and Internet Sites that can help you through the process.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): To apply for federal student grants, work-study and loans on line. Daemen's Federal School Code is 002808.
- New York State Higher Education Services Corporation: For NYS grant, scholarship and loan information. Site includes a TAP estimator and can provide you with the status of your TAP application.
- NYS TAP: This is a state funded program for New York State residents. Grants range from $500 to $5,665 based upon the family's previous New York State net taxable income. Family's with net taxable incomes up to $80,000 may qualify. Students must be full time to qualify for TAP. TAP Application can be completed online at https://www.tap.hesc.ny.gov/totw/
- Smart Student Guide to Financial Aid: General financial aid information and overview.
- Ontario Student Assistance Program: Provides loans, grants and scholarships to Ontario students.
Things to Remember
- Remember to check your Social Security number before you enter it on any college related forms.
- Be sure to complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). FAFSA can be completed on the Web.
- Don't forget to sign and have your parents sign the FAFSA before submitting the form. If you file on the web, be sure to apply for an electronic FSA ID for both the student and the parent before filing FAFSA on-line.
- Keep your financial aid materials together in a file and keep a copy of it.
- Respond to your financial aid award letter immediately. It's important that you quickly notify Daemen that you accept all, part, or none of the financial aid package offered.