Job growth is expected to increase by 7 percent for middle school teachers and 8 percent for high school teachers from 2020-2030.
Your education classes integrate field experience beginning early in your program – giving you more confidence with students and preparation for your career.
- Core and advanced specialty courses provide students with the knowledge and skills to make mathematical contributions to society through pure mathematics or mathematics applied to other disciplines.
- Education classes provide instruction in the craft of teaching and provide strong preparation for state Teacher Certification Exams.
- Students learn about the application of mathematical science in the most relevant areas, including computer science, applied modeling, and statistics.
- Field experiences are available through Daemen’s partnerships with local public, private, and charter schools as well as educational agencies and community centers.
- Engage with educational technologies in your courses, including video analysis software during field placements to obtain feedback on your teaching from instructors and current teachers.
- Daemen’s Center for Interprofessional Learning and Simulation (CILS) provides students experiential learning opportunities to promote best practice and collaboration.
Daemen graduates are teaching in many school districts and public school systems, including Buffalo, Williamsville, Clarence, Cheektowaga, New York City, Baltimore, and Myrtle Beach, among others.
A number of our graduates have also advanced to working in educational administration.
Thank You for Your Interest in the Education Program