Supervisor Information & Forms
Job Postings/Hiring Documents
If you are hiring for a new or replacement position in your department, please complete the Job Requisition Form. Return to the completed form along with appropriate signatures to the Employee Engagement Office, DS 126 or electronically to the Director of Employee Engagement. A digital copy of the Job Description must be emailed to the Employee Engagement Office as well to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, the college is currently registered as an employer in NY, NJ, OH, UT, VT and CA. If you believe you wish to hire an individual who will work remotely from a state other than the five states listed above, you will need to coordinate in advance with the Employee Engagement and Accounting Department for approval. This is to ensure proper state registration and legal compliance is complete prior to date of hire. Depending on the state, this could take at least 2 to 3 months.
- Job Requisition Form (Fillable PDF) - revised 5/2021
- ADJUNCT Job Requisition Form (Doc) - revised 9/2021
- Search and Interview Guidelines
- Hiring Process Work Flow -Regular Full Time (PDF)
- Hiring Process Work Flow - Adjunct (PDF)
- Adjunct Hiring Procedures for 2021
- Hiring Process Work Flow - Workload and Contract Work (PDF)
MANDATORY TRAINING FOR HIRING COMMITTEE:
- Using your web browser, go to the web page: https://daemen-ny.safecolleges.com/
- All hiring supervisors and hiring committees must complete the SafeColleges training: Conducting Job Interviews which will be assigned by the Employment Coordinator.
- The course provides supervisory staff members with techniques on conducting an effective interview, with a focus on avoiding discrimination. It will review what constitutes discrimination, how to properly prepare for the interview process, and how to conduct an effective interview and avoid discriminating against any job candidate.
Committee Search Policy:
Interviews are coordinated by the Search Committee and/or Hiring Manager.
The Office of Employee Engagement can assist with support discussing total compensation with the candidates.
Candidate Travel Guidelines:
If you are highly interested in a candidate that will need travel arrangements (flight, hotel stay, etc.) email email@example.com at least 2 weeks before you plan to have them on campus so we can schedule everything properly with our travel agency. It is up to one of the committee members to coordinate the pickup and drop off for the incoming candidate from the airport to the hotel.
Meal Policy for Interviews:
This policy is intended to provide general guidelines to Search Committee chairs regarding scheduling meals with candidates. The policy will ensure that all applicants receive a similar interview experience at Daemen College and allocates college resources in a prudent and responsible manner. The Office of Employee Engagement will only cover the expenses for 1 MEAL during the candidate's stay - whether that is breakfast, lunch, or dinner will be up to the committee to decide and confirm with Employee Engagement PRIOR to the interview. Other expenses will have to come out of the appropriate department/office budget.
Meals arranged by a Search Committee should be limited to a maximum of three members from the committee and the candidate (for a total of 4). Meals should be arranged through the Daemen Dining Service (Hallmark Management) and held in the Wick Center Executive Dining Room or other suitable location on-campus whenever possible.
The committee may arrange for one meal at a local restaurant for up to three members of the committee and the candidate if Daemen Dining Services is not an option for that interview date. An original itemized receipt must be submitted to the Business Office for reimbursement with an appropriate Purchase Requisition listing the details of the interview date/time/candidate name, who was in attendance for the meal from committee, etc. The receipt should indicate those present at the meal and the meal gratuity should not exceed 20% of the bill.
Meal expenses may not exceed the following cost per person to be covered by the Employee Engagement Office:
cost per person max
cost per person max
$6 - $7
$9 - $10
$12 - $14
The College will not pay for alcohol served at any meals. Any request for payment over these limits must be approved by the appropriate Cabinet officer before the scheduled event.
Procedure to Arrange for On-Campus Meal Service
- The Search Committee chair or representative should contact the President’s Office at ext. 8210 to reserve the Executive Dining Room as soon as the interview is scheduled.
- After the room is reserved, contact Daemen Dining Services at ext. 8328. The catering staff has a variety of menu options available that will not exceed the meal maximums above. 7 days advanced notice is requested.
- Send a Daemen Purchase Requisition to the Business Office (DS Room 106) and include the following information: the event date, location, meal option selected, budget account to be charged and contact information for the event planner.
- Missing Receipt Form
Employee Information & Forms
This is the system of record for timekeeping, payroll and benefits. Please click on the link below to login into your profile. (All training materials are on the Employee Training & Development page).
For time off other than vacation or sick/personal (bereavement, jury duty, time to vote), you must print and submit the following form:
- Employee Time Off Request Form (PDF) *The form must be accompanied by the Jury Summons and/or obituary or other notice in regards to Bereavement.
ADP Workforcenow is the system of record for timekeeping, payroll and benefits.
Time Off Requests:
Employees use ADP workforce now self-service to update their education, credentials, licenses, address, phone number, email address, taxes, photo ID, beneficiaries, and emergency contacts.
- How to upload your picture on ADP
- How to update your education/credentials
- How to update your contact information, address, etc.
- How to update your emergency contacts
Employee Time Off Request (Bereavement, Jury Duty, Vote)
Form to complete & submit to Employee Engagement: Employee Time Off Request
Death in Family: Full time employees are allowed time off with pay upon a death in the immediate family. In case of the death of father, mother, spouse, child, brother, sister, mother-in-law, or father-in-law, grandfather or grandmother, up to four days will be granted depending upon the circumstances of the case. Part-time, per diem and temporary employees are not eligible for this benefit.
Jury Duty: Daemen considers such duty an obligation and responsibility. Any Full Time or Limited Full Time
employee who is summoned for jury duty will be paid by Daemen for the duration of their jury duty
service. Employees must provide proper evidence as to jury service to the Employee Engagement
All other employees will receive jury service pay for the first three days of service as required by law.
Right to Vote: New York employers must provide employees with time off to vote in accordance with these state rules. If an employee does not have 4 consecutive hours at the beginning or end of their working shift when the polls open and close, they may take off up to 2 hours, without loss of pay, to allow them time to vote if they are a registered voter.
- Paid time off rules: Of the time taken off to vote, up to 2 hours may be taken without loss of pay. Time off to vote must be taken at the beginning or end of the person's work shift unless otherwise mutually agreed upon between the employee and employer.
- Advance notice requirements: An employee who needs time off to vote shall notify the employer no more than 10 or less than 2 working days before election day that time off is required.
- Amount of time off allowed: Of the time taken off to vote, up to 2 hours may be taken without loss of pay if you do not have 4 consecutive hours either from the opening of the polls to the beginning or your working shift, or between the end of your working shift and the closing of the polls.
- When time off not allowed: If an employee has 4 consecutive nonworking hours when the polls are open, the employee has sufficient time outside of work to vote.
Blood Donation: Blood donation leave is only to be used for appointment that are offsite (not on campus).
Nationwide Unemployment Insurance Fraud Scheme
Unfortunately, there is an unemployment insurance fraud scheme targeting unemployment assistance programs across the country during the pandemic. Those who are committing the fraud are believed to be using stolen personal information from earlier data breaches outside of Daemen, such as the Experian or Target data breach. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is still investigating, but the FTC estimates it is affecting “tens of thousands of people” and an estimated $26 billion in payments may fall in the hands of fraudsters.
The usual process for unemployment approval is that once a person files a claim with the NYS Department of Labor, a notice is generated and mailed to the employer to review for legitimacy and determine if it is approved or denied. The employer has 7 days to return a denied notice, before benefits are processed.
Unfortunately, due to the dynamics of the pandemic, and in an effort to provide income to those who need it, there have been instances where the DOL has approved unemployment benefits before verifying that the individual is no longer employed.
If you receive correspondence from the NYS Department of Labor, such as a notice of application, an approval letter or an unemployment debit card, or if you otherwise learn that an unemployment claim has been filed in your name, please file a fraudulent claim report on the NYS Department of Labor website: Report Unemployment Insurance Fraud (ny.gov). Also, notify the Employee Engagement Department as soon as possible, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of the email notification of your reported fraud claim from the Department of Labor.
After reporting the fraud to NYS Unemployment and alerting the Employee Engagement Department, there are a few additional steps you can take to begin to rectify the situation:
- File a report with the Federal Trade Commission online at identitytheft.gov or call 877-ID-THEFT. They can assist with implementing fraud prevention tools, including placing a fraud alert on your credit, pulling credit reports and closing any fraudulent accounts opened in your name.
- Contact the three major credit bureaus. If someone is claiming your unemployment benefits, it is very likely they have your social security number. To minimize the damage they can impose on your financial health, it is best to contact the three credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion) to freeze your credit reports. You can do this over the phone or on-line. The bureaus must legally freeze, and unfreeze, your credit reports for free. Once your reports are frozen, anyone who tries to open an account will be denied. But remember, if you want to apply for a loan or credit card, you need to unfreeze your reports first.
- If you do not want to freeze your credit reports, you have an option to enroll in an identity theft protection service. There are various services available that have a monthly cost typically ranging from $7.00 per month to $20.00 per month and offering varying levels of protection. Your major credit cards often offer this service or you can purchase directly. Here is a link to the top 10 best identity theft protection services according to consumersadvocate.org.
- Report identity theft to your local police. Provide the police department with the documents you receive from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and any other documents to support your claim. This will help them with details to prepare a police report for you. You will also want to bring documents that prove your identity and address. In addition to a driver’s license or other government issued ID, you may want to bring your birth certificate or social security card. Use utility bills to prove your address. Make sure you get a copy of the report of at least the report number if the police are unable to issue a copy of the report immediately.
I addition, our Employee Assistance Program through Lincoln Financial is able to provide you with resources on identify protection and financial advising.